Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Bike Riding, Date Day & Strawberries

I am a bad, bad blogger...this post was written forever ago and never posted.  Hopefully I can get caught up now that school is out...Lots to talk about!!

It is all about 2 wheels these days.  Gracie has learned to ride her bike and there is no looking back.  I just love it!  My parents were over for dinner this particular night as well as my brother's girlfriend.  Gracie made up her mind, put her brave face on, and pedalled like there was no tomorrow.  I just love watching her work so hard at something and witnessing her accomplish her goals.  I really had no idea that I was going to get SO excited.  After she went around the cul-de-sac by herself the first time, she jumped off of her bike and did a victory lap giving everyone a hug.  We were all going crazy and got caught up in the moment, to say the least.  I am sure the neighbrors thought we were crazy with all of the fist pumping and hollerin' going on.  It is a moment I will never forget.


              


Getting her up and ready for school this week was a little bit easier because she knew the faster she was up and ready the more time she got to ride.  And just for the record, an early morning bike ride in the spring is a great way to start the day!

One of my favorite things about living in this great state of NC are the opportunties for day trips.  D and I had an chance to scoot down to Pinehurst for a day this week.  We haven't been in quite a few years.  Although we didn't (I didn't) get a chance for a quick visit to the spa (where you wear big white fluffy robes and drink strawberry smoothies) or play a round of golf (Darin that is-my clubs are collecting dust at the moment) we did get to take a stroll around the clubhouse, see a few sites and have a great lunch by the course. 

Although he is smiling here, I do believe there was a small tear in his eye becuase he wasn't makin' the turn on the back 9. But he enjoyed it nontheless.


I love this place.

Amazing views.  Amazing history. 

I can promise you that there is plenty about golf that I don't know, but I can truly appreciate the history, stories and legacy this place and it's surrounding tell as your walk around. 





Statue of the late Payne Stewart
Darin was fortunate to have been at the 1999 US Open when Payne Stewart won.


Darin and I returned from our mini-day trip feeling refreshed and ready to finish out the week.
It was time to get home and get a quick bike ride in before the sunset.  Oh, simple pleasures, how I love thee. 

Especially when it invloves picking strawberries..with good friends....

Saturday morning Gracie and I packed up and took the drive (~2 miles) to the farm near our neighborhood to meet some old neighbors and good friends and their sweet little boy to pick some strawberries.

I think I drive past this farm 5 times a week heading to the store or running other errands, but it is a fantastic place.  It makes me want a farm house, with a huge front porch, a garden, a pond and big farm table in the kitchen.  Serioulsy, I think I would love that!  Maybe one day.  I think, no, I know Darin would do it in a heartbeat. 

It was a gorgeous day with crystal blue skies and nothing else to do.  So we picked...and picked...
and picked...


Ran in the fields with our firends.
Took in a tractor ride.
Swang on swings that were horses made out of tires. 


And even chatted up some cows.



Great mom/ daughter outing to kick off Mother's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment