My birthday came and went. It was a fantastic day filled with family, friends and of course flowers. Hubby got me the prettiest roses and I could not get enough of them. He also surprised me with a new camera. I was so excited, I actually shed a few tears. Nothing makes me happier than capturing moments in the life of our cozy family of three.
Aren't they purty?
Of course Daddy had to get Miss Gracie some flowers too. These little beauties were front and center on the kitchen table for a long time.
I had to swipe this little beauty and put it in my kitchen window so I could enjoy it while doing the dishes.
It's the simple things, right?!
and I really love this crowd. We enjoyed a dinner together and then came back to our house for cake, cocktails and conversation. We sat around for a long time just talking and laughing. This birthday was simple and sweet and I enjoyed every minute. I worked all day, but that is no big deal when you get to spend it with your husband. We stopped working long enough to enjoy a take-out lunch together at our desks. I am a lucky girl. On the way home from dinner Gracie and Darin even stopped and got me a big bouqet of balloons.
I even spent time with the coolest brother one could ask for and his very sweet girlfriend, Julia. Considering my bro is always traveling to way cooler places than Target and the grocery store, I was very honored to spend the evening with him. Just wish my sister could have been there!
And how about these 2 sweeties? Little Ben graces our doorway on most days with a knock and a "can Gwacie come out and play?" I just love this kid. It is fabulous having neighbors who are also great friends; who come over anytime and feel like they can just kick off their shoes and have a dance party. I love my street.
On a random note...have I told you guys how much my little girl loves to draw and make crafts? This is what most of our surfaces look like any given day; little scraps of paper and crayons everywhere. I wish I could keep every single masterpiece.
Happy Spring everyone. Go soak up the sun and plant some flowers! If you don't have Lenten Roses in your garden you must get some.
Awww I loved helping you celebrate your birthday! It's always so much fun getting together, and I love all the pictures!
ReplyDelete~Julia